Event Printing FAQ
Are you interested in having us out for an event?
Here's some general info to explain how it works!
WHAT IS LIVE PRINTING + HOW DOES IT WORK?
Rather than pre-printing shirts and goods for events, we bring our equipment out and make shirts as people order them! We bring an assortment of shirts in different styles and colors that people seem to like. Once a blank is picked, people have a choice of up to six designs to have printed on it. After paying, they can watch the process, or come back later to pick up their order, depending on how busy we are.
Most people have screen printed shirts, but few really have seen the process. Getting to walk away with a 'custom' shirt that was printed right in front of them has a notable draw.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you are an event or festival organizer, there are a number of benefits to working with us for your merchandising needs.
- We can fill all of your design needs, from branding + promotional materials, to shirt designs.
- This includes wristbands, lanyards, banners, or other such needs.
- We can print all your staff and volunteer shirt needs.
- We take all of the risk out of ordering shirts. You don't have to worry about being left with any extra shirts in the end, as we make all shirts to order while at events.
- Customers generally feel more attached to the shirts they pick out and 'customize' for themselves, which means they wear them more and you receive more exposure.
- You don't have to hire anyone to sell pre-printed shirts.
- We are open to trading services, so that we both can keep our costs down and benefit more.
There are many different ways in which we can come to an arrangement for our involvement.
Central and secondary elements of past agreements have been varied. Here are some examples:
- Trading booth fees for discounts on staff and volunteer shirts.
- Printing your festival design and sharing profits.
- Sponsoring by donating services and goods.
- Paying an appearance fee and cost of materials so that we give away shirts for free.
- Even just inviting us to be a vendor because you think we're a good fit.
If you have any questions or ideas on how we might be able to best work together, please don't hesitate to ask!
Live printing is something we love doing. It's a great way for us to meet people and show them what we do. This is also a very laborious endeavor for us, which usually happens on the weekends or evenings, after our full work week. Due to this, we normally need 1 month's notice to properly prepare and plan, but please note that currently it's not uncommon for us to be booked out 4 months or more. The more notice the better!
With our current equipment and canopy, we require a 10'x10' space. (12'x12' if we're comfortable)
To power our equipment, we need one dedicated 20 Amp circuit. If the event is in the evening, we will need additional power for lighting. Power for lighting does not need to be dedicated for us, we can share with other vendors. If this is not something that can be guaranteed, we have quiet generators as an option. Noise will be a minimal issue. Planning a generator location away from other vendors and event goers is still best though. No more than 50 feet ideally.
If you are trying to gauge whether we are right for your event, here are some factors that we have noted from past experience:
- Is the event at least 3 hours? It takes us a while to set up and break down.
- Do you think we can sell at least 100 shirts? If we are profit sharing or traveling within DFW, think closer to 125.
- Will there be alcohol? We find that our best customers are in the 2-4 drink range.
- Is this an all ages event? Parents and kids are also good customers.
- Is this a yearly event that people like to commemorate by collecting each shirt?
For those of you who have corporate events outside of the DFW metroplex, we can ship our equipment and staff as needed.
GET AT US ALREADY!
Please let us know if you think we would be a good fit for your event or festival!
We're more than happy to talk to you about it all.